Quartzsite is about 128 miles west of Phoenix, and just 18 miles east of the Colorado River where Interstate 10 crosses U.S. Highway 95. Less than a half day drive from Las Vegas, Los Angeles and San Diego, our town is easy to reach from all directions. Snowbirds have been coming here since the 1950's.
Our internationally famous gem / mineral shows and swap meets are here all winter, with the biggest events in January.
We are surrounded by fabulous mountains with sunrises and sunsets beyond your greatest expectation.
High on the list of THINGS TO SEE is a 47 armed saguaro cactus, intaglios, ghost tows, military training site, and the awesome Sonoran Desert. We are just north of the Kofa National Wildlife Refuge, home to bighorn sheep.
Our average daytime winter temperatures range from the mid 60's to 70's with little or no rain!
Just a few of the activities enjoyed by the people who come to Quartzsite:
- Rock hounding
- Local gem & mineral club - group outings and silver smith classes.
- Two nights a week are set aside for cards and games
- Laughlin, Nevada is only 145 miles away. Tour buses offering day or overnight trips stop at our gate. Local tour companies offer a variety of trips to Hollywood, various towns in Mexico, The Grand Canyon, and other destinations. Many take trips to Los Algadones, Mexico (about 95 miles) to purchase eyeglasses, medical items and have dental work done at very reasonable prices.
- Fishing is great on the Colorado River and Lake Alamo.
- Some enjoy real desert golfing, others make the short drive to the nearby lush, green and palm treed course with real reasonable rates.
- Desert Combing
- Desert Combing just steps from our RV Park. Always something wonderful to see and find on the Arizona desert.
- Live Entertainment
- Live Entertainment is common at all our local shows and and also at the casino just 45 minutes away.
- We have a wide variety of demoninations available locally with great participation by snowbirds.